What is the best hardwood floor cleaner for scratches?- Natural wooden floors are at risk of ground wear & tear, liquid marks, even deeper scratches over time. If you have bad scratches on your hardwood floor and looking for a solution, this article is for you.
In most cases, you can remove those scratches away or reduce their visibility. We’ve found a few hardwood polishes, scratch-removing markers, and wood filler that may help you on that occasion. We’ve tested the scratch cleaner products on different hardwood floor repairs first to be reviewed here.
Let’s find the reviews if matched your situation, otherwise, we’ve made a guide to help you provide the best tips on hardwood floor scratch repairs.
Hardwood Floor Cleaner for Scratches Comparison Chart 2022
|Name||Type||Remove Scratch||Polish||Safe for|
|Weiman Wood Floor Polish||Liquid||Yes||Yes||Finished Hardwood Floors|
|Katzco Furniture Repair Kit||Marker||Yes||Yes||Hardwood floor|
|Rejuvenate All Floors Restorer and Polish||Liquid||Yes||Yes||Hardwood|
|Tibet Almond Stick Scratch||Stick||Yes||Yes||Hardwood floor|
|Scratch Remover for Dark Wood||Stick||camouflages||Yes||Dark Wood Floor|
Dark wood furniture
|Wood Repair Kit Wood Filler||Liquid||Yes||Yes||Wooden Floor|
Best Hardwood Floor Cleaner for Scratches
1. Weiman Wood Floor Polish and Restorer- Best Hardwood Floor Cleaner for Scratches
- The product comes with micro-filling technology to fill in the scratches
- Provide a protective scratch-resistant layer for the future
- Versatile to apply on any hardwood finish
- Makes your floor shiny for a longer period
- Safe for kids and pets
- Never apply on unfinished hardwood floors
We’ve recently shifted to our new home with dull and scratched hardwood flooring. We have pets and kids to make those scratches even bigger or more by time. I was looking for a good product to remove those superficial scratches and add a shiny look for a longer time.
Luckily, I’ve got this Weiman wood floor polish and restorer that worked great for my hardwood floor. It was applied a dual coating after having an hour gap between. All the scratches were banished and it brings back the shiny look on the floor. I am impressed and waited for a month to finally get this product on my top list.
The hardwood cleaner for scratches works great for my heavy traffic family with 2 pets and kids. I recommend this hardwood polish and restorer that fills in light scratches. It brings back the slipperiness and shines on the floor. The coating remains the hardwood floor cleaner for a longer time.
Note: Cleaning and rubbing your floor before using this polish & restorer is a must for the best results. Use the Weiman Hardwood Floor Cleaner before applying the polish and restorer.
2. Katzco Furniture Repair Kit Wood Markers- Hardwood Floor Scratch Remover
- It’s a 13 piece repair kit
- The pack includes 6 wood markers, 6 paper wrapped wax sticks, and a sharpener
- The markers and wax sticks cover scratches, nicks, scuffs, and discoloration on hardwood floors, and wooden furniture
- The wax sticks are easy to apply
My cousin had recently installed a laminate hardwood floor. She has experienced a sudden scratch caused by moving furniture. I was the first person who got the call to fix it up. The type of scratch has made my mind apply wood markers to deal with it.
I got this Katzco Furniture Repair Kit Wood Markers and applied the mahogany marker first, but lightly and overlaid the markers to match the color variation around the scratches. The scratch was disappeared quickly within a blink of an eye, jokes apart.
These markers are great to remove scratches from any wooden furniture. That was the first time I’ve tried on a finished hardwood floor and it worked like a magic. Highly recommended to buy a package that will be a great hardwood floor cleaner for scratches someday.
3. Rejuvenate All Floors Restorer and Polish- Hardwood Floor Cleaner for Scratches
- It requires a single coating to get the results
- Cover almost 700 sq ft hardwood floors
- Dry faster in dry weather but not in a humid weather
- Fills in scratches perfectly
- Great for commercial uses as well as residential
- Applying with a microfiber mop brings the best result
I was looking for a hardwood floor cleaner that fills in scratches and brings back the shine quickly. I needed a good restorer and polish for industrial purposes.
However, I got this all-floor restorer and polish that worked well on my hardwood floor. All the scratches have gone away and look shiny for a longer time. The restorer cleaner also prevents dirt from sticking on the floor afterward.
It required a single coat to last for years with shiny and scratch-free looks on my hardwood floors. It wasn’t a bit smelly and didn’t require 3 or 4 coats like other restorers. A single bottle of 32 oz has covered my 700 sq ft area perfectly. Highly recommend it for your entire home’s floor restoration.
It dries up quickly in dry weather and easy to apply on hardwood floors. I found it to apply with a microfiber cloth and bare hands wearing safety gears as well. Also, used a wet mop to do the rest polish.
Overall, this cleaner restorer works amazing for my hardwood floors and fills in scratches in a single coating. The floor looks back to the original finish almost. Maybe it works well for laminated floors or tiles.
4. Tibet Almond Stick Scratch Amazing Wooden Surface Stain Remover
- One size colorless stick for wooden floors and furniture
- It comes with a good smell
- Easy to use
- It not require labeling or cutting the stick
- The liquid polish flows to the end of the stick
- Hand checked each stick to ensures perfection
My next-door neighbors found some noticeable scratches to their hardwood floors. I was curious to help them and looking for a hardwood floor cleaner for scratches. This Tibet Almond Stick I’ve found might work for filling the scratches.
Trying this on scratch wasn’t the first time but on hardwood floors. The scratches were similar on my cabinet and why not give it a try for both the hardwood floors and cabinets.
The applying method states in the description were easy. I did the same rubbing on the hardwood floors end on the scratches. It didn’t work quickly like what advertize the manufacturer.
But, the very next morning most scratches were banished with leaving no discoloration on the floor. It works cool!
The application is simple enough and comes into a can. Pick out the stick from the can and unwrap it to start rubbing on the scratch. It’s better to use a bath tissue to wipe off the excess.
5. Scratch Remover for Dark Wood Furniture and Hardwood Floor
- It covers scratches from dark hardwood floor and furniture
- The scratch remover repairs and protects any future scratch on the hardwood floor
- Easy to apply
- Environment friendly
- The product comes with a great satisfaction
- Best hardwood floor cleaner for scratches on a budget
Probably I am the guy for my family to solve any scratches problem on wood floors or furniture. My younger sis has a dark hardwood floor installation to her entire home. It looks cool but the three dogs she has don’t love the way it shines.
As a result, they’ve left few scratches as she allowed their nails to get long. I did a quick research for getting a quick scratch remover from hardwood floors. This Trade Secret Scratch remover is what I’ve found for that time.
It was easy to apply using hands and matches with the dark wood color perfectly. That’s the reason I hadn’t tried markers that rare match with the dark wood color. The scratches were blended away quickly to look shiny again. This is a true hardwood floor cleaner for scratches.
6. Wood Repair Kit Wood Filler Restore Any Cover Surface Scratch for Wooden Floor
- Each 20g tube allows filling deeper holes and crevices
- The repair kit comes in 12 different colors to match your wood floors or furniture
- The wood filler dries quickly and lasts longer
- Easy to use as the steps state in the product description
- Better than using markers
If you are looking for paint on color to repair scratches from your hardwood floors, this repair kit is for you. It comes with wide color variations to match any color and dries faster to provide a quick repair.
I’ve applied this repair kit to get the right color to fix some dents on my hardwood floor. It was hard to find the scratch point for me after a while. The wide range of colors will match any wood floor finish. It’s a highly recommended wood filler to remove any scratches on your wooden floor.
Therefore, the application was so easy with the required instruction from the manufacturer.
You May Also Read: Best Hardwood Floor Cleaner Machine for Pets- 2022 Reviews
DIY Tips on Hardwood Floor Scratch Repairs
Scratches are a severe matter to deal with maintaining hardwood floors. Natural wood is always being ready to be scratched. The severe damages can happen by your carelessness. It’s always better to have some prevention first to avoid those severe damages on your hardwood floors.
- Use mats or rugs under the furniture while needed to be moved
- Using shoes on your wooden floor may cause scratch
- Keep your pet nails trimmed
If scratches ruining your wooden floor’s beauty, removing those marks or damages not only require sanding and refinishing. Let’s hunt some cool tips on repairing hardwood floor scratches:
Consider the finish on your hardwood floor first:
It’s a must to know the finish or coating used on your wooden floor to apply something over it on your own. The finish options for your hardwood floors:
- Oil or water-based polyurethane
- Wax coating
- Aluminum coating
If your hardwood floor was finished with varnish and scratched deeply, it should be sanded down first. Now refinish with a durable coating like polyurethane that is highly resistant to abrasion and easy to maintain. Using silicone polish is good on such heavy-duty finished floors.
Repairing outermost scratches:
This scratch affects only the finish or coating on your hardwood floor. If this is your case, you can remove it easily with a few natural ingredients like apple cider and olive oil. Mix these two ingredients and try the mixture right on the scratch. Wait for a couple of hours to wipe out the blend from there.
Hopefully, your problem is solved! If not, follow the below steps:
- Get a bit of hardwood floor cleaner to clean off the spotted area perfectly
- Wipe out the cleaner with a soft fabric and water and let the area dry
- Use wood filler sticks to fill the scratch
- Burnish the scratch using a soft fabric to rub forward and backward over the spotted area on your hardwood floor
Deal with deep scratches and gouges on your hardwood floors:
You need to be prepared for deeper work and precision to deal with deep scratches and gouges on the hardwood floors. It needs to be sanded and refinished after repairing the scratches. Let’s find the ways you can do it:
Refinish the complete hardwood floor
If your floor is made of some real wood only, apply this process or not. The process should be applied if you’ve experience scratches everywhere on your floor. Also, make sure it never has been sanded before. We would recommend hiring a professional if you are trying this for the first time.
Refinish the scratched area on your polyurethane coated hardwood floor
It can be done yourself if you are comfortable with the following steps:
- Keep moisturize a soft protective pad with spirits
- Now rub the pad over the scratch softly and let it dry
- Put a putty in the scratch that matches your floor coating closely
- Let the putty harden
- Sand smoothly with sandpaper
- Now refinish the fixed area with polyurethane and blend (If this wasn’t your coating, use the exact coating that is on the rest of the floor)
It’s a common thing we’ve faced that scratches on hardwood floors. For most simple scratches you need not apply sanding and refinishing at all. We’ve reviewed the 6 best hardwood floor cleaner for scratches that can deal with any superficial scratches.
Grab one to remove scratches and gouges and give a shiny look on your hardwood floor again.
Try our tips on applying them, or understanding the facts of hiring a professional or not.